Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggests delaying reiserfs integration)

From: Hans Reiser (hans@reiser.to)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 13:22:30 EST

"Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:

> Umm, because nobody from ReiserFS asked me to, or suggested anything in
> that journaling layer which would need fixing for ReiserFS? This is
> suddenly _my_ problem? Bizarre.

We got involved with Chris because you wanted to make journaling work with ext2,
then have us later port your code to reiserfs. You are completely entitled to
do that, I just ask that you not require us to wait for your code and follow
your lead. It is not your problem so long as we aren't forced to wait and
follow.

Really, all of this becomes not a problem as soon as we are allowed to not wait
for you. I am happy to work with you, you are a damn fine programmer and a
nicer guy than I. If you suggest changes to our code it is great. If you say
that lack of those changes is reason to delay our integration, that is not
great.

Hans