Re: [Note to Alan Cox]

From: Richard Rager (kb8rln@PENGUINMASTER.COM)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 23:30:23 EST

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, John Alvord wrote:

> http://www.orbs.org/verify.php3?address=206.40.79.2
>
> and I used it to query the orbs database.
>
> The weird thing is that the browser screen is peppered with MYSQL
> errors. Down into the page it says
> >
> > Database Check - 206.40.79.2
> >
> >Warning: 0 is not a MySQL result index in /home/Orbs/verify.php3 on line 42
> >
> >Warning: 0 is not a MySQL result index in /home/Orbs/verify.php3 on line 62
> > 206.40.79.2 is not in the main automated open relay database
>
> which suggests that there is no problem.
>
> This situation has persisted for over 24 hours.
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? Should I beat up my ISP
> or what?

  Ok I check your ISP mail relay. It does not look like it is mail
relaying. But your ISP may have a problem that are running sendmail
8.9.3 with a sendmail.cf of 8.8.8 in sendmail 8.9.2 the cf file was change
to read this right:

@hostname,user@anotherhost.domain as relaying

and

@host1:user@host2

You may ask them to too update there sendmail.cf file.

The database is down alot so do not depend on it. I use ORBS too so you
can send to me to check it.

Enjoy,

Richard Rager