Re: 8139too status (was Re: confirmation on 8139)

From: Nils Philippsen (nils@fht-esslingen.de)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 03:10:37 EST

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> The "bridging bug" is fixed but there still remains a bug (fixed in next
> version) which kills the older RTL8139 chipsets. Look for the fix in
> ac10 or ac11...

It's good to hear that. While I haven't been able to try out ac9 on my home
system (the one affected), I'm certain that my NIC is indeed "older" -- it's
been quite a while since I bought it and it was remarkably more expensive than
8139s are today.

Nils

--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
nils@wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils@fht-esslingen.de / nils@redhat.de