SEGV in mount?

From: Michal Ostrowski (mostrows@styx.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 09:01:36 EST

I've put some debugging code into my kernels to spit out a syslog
message anytime "do_page_fault" enters "bad_area". Something that
I've noticed recently is that "mount" appears to seg-fault every time
it is called. This behaviour started around pre10-3 (when mount
failed completely) and I still see it in test1-ac7. However, now my
system still manages to boot through these errors with no apparent
problems. The actual fault occurs in "__generic_copy_from_user" and
appears to be related to the earlier problems with sys_mount.

Michal Ostrowski
mostrows@styx.uwaterloo.ca