Re: Problem with DVD-RAM in aic7xxx/Kernel 2.2.16

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 07:26:31 EST

On Thu, Jun 08 2000, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> > the drive as two devices (see below [1]). However, after I upgraded to
> > 2.2.16 the "sda part" of the drive is no longer recognized. See below as
> > well [2].
>
> I mothered that patch/piece-of-code until it got accepted into the
> standard kernel.

I did, and it does work in 2.2.16. The BLIST_GHOST stuff was ripped
out as it was a hack and relied on a static list of DVD-RAM drives.
Drives are now detected at boot / module load time, but not in a
similar fashion. You can write directly to /dev/sr0 instead.

--
* Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
* SuSE Labs