Re: net_bh limitation

From: Aaron Campbell (aaron@cs.dal.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 12:35:54 EST

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> Just change the packet type to something the kernel will gracefully
> ignore.

You mean change the protocol field of the IP header, or maybe invalidate
the checksum or somesuch? Already thought of that, but in the 2.2.x series
of kernels, it CLONES the skb first before passing to my packet handling
function. It won't matter if I change the contents of the cloned copy,
since the original will still be sent to ip_rcv.

I took a quick look at the 2.3.99-pre5 sources and it looks like it is no
longer cloned. But I want this to work on stable kernels, of course.

  .
 : Aaron Campbell <aaron@cs.dal.ca> - [ http://www.biodome.org/~fx ]