tcp_timestamps problems with BSD ? (2.2.14,2.2.16)

From: iafilius@xs4all.nl
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 12:47:29 EST

Hello,

I found some problem with loading some URL's on internet, some part loads
terrible slow (about 15 minutes), while it workes fine with al those M$
boxes around me (at work ...).

After some research i found that disabling the tcp_timestamps (in
/proc) "solved" the problem.

I don't know if it is a linux issue or a remote os issue.

If i found correctly the "problem" sites are running BSD.

For those who want to know more, just visit:
http://www.detelefoongids.nl/ (the middle fill-in window is the problem)
http://www.domain-registry.nl/ (didn't test myself, but told to)
With enabled tcp_timestamps :)
Be warned, the pages are in Dutch.

Can someone enlighten me about the Linux or BSD issue?

I didn't test the 2.4.0-test1* yet

PS the kernel docs refer to RFC1323.

Greatings,

Arjan Filius