Re: [LINUX-ABIT] Re: ABIT -- GENTUS Linux Steals GPL CODE AGAIN!!

From: Benny Amorsen (amorsen@sscnet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 04:08:35 EST

JS> The problem here is that I may not have the resources to do this.
JS> I could put the hypothetical repair disk image on my free ISP
JS> webspace, and let people download it from there. However, the GPL
JS> then requires me to include a written offer to supply the source
JS> to these people at or below cost. One problem is how to include a
JS> written offer with a download, of course; presumably a message to
JS> that effect on the WWW page would suffice.

If you don't have the resources to put up the sources, you are
probably doing non-commercial distribution. Then it's easy, you just
use clause 3c.

On the other hand, if you are charging for the redistribution, you
will have to charge enough to ensure that you can afford complying
with the license. The other option is to go out of business.

Benny