Re: Software Raid on 2.2.16

From: James Bourne (jbourne@affinity-systems.ab.ca)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 12:56:27 EST

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Jonas Nickel wrote:

> As far as I know it is Ingo Molnar who maintains the software raid patches.
> You can find them at
>
> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/raid-patches/
>
> The latest one there is for 2.2.15 and I have not tested yet if it applies
> cleanly against 2.2.16.
> But you are definitely better off with this one than the one you found for
> 2.2.11.

I found some major changes to fs/buffer.c had to be merged, but other then
that it works fairly well (drivers/block/md.c has some problems with the
merge as well).

Regards,
Jim

> Cheers,
>
> Jonas
>

> At 10:10 09.06.00 +0100, Crispin Flowerday wrote:
>
> >Is it now included in the source tree, or do you still need patches for
> >software RAID. The latest patch I found was...
> >
> >http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/raid/alpha/raid0145-19990824-2.2.11.gz
> >

> >which seems to be a tad old :)
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >PS could I be cc'ed replys (cehf2@cam.ac.uk)
> >
> >--
> >Crispin
> >
> >*Windows leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to Linux*
> >

> >-

> Dipl.-Ing. Jonas Nickel
> TU Berlin
> Fachgebiet Verbrennungskraftmaschinen /
> Institute of Internal Combustion Engines
> Carnotstr. 1A
> 10587 Berlin
> Germany
> http://www.vkm.tu-berlin.de
>
> Tel.: +49 (0) 30 314-22607 Fax: +49 (0) 30 314-26105
> email: jonas.nickel@tu-berlin.de

James Bourne                  | Email:  jbourne@affinity-systems.ab.ca
Affinity Systems Inc.         | WWW: http://www.affinity-systems.ab.ca
Everything Linux              | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation