Another Gentus Release in a month...

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 13:14:20 EST

LK, Please do not comment........this is only here for public record.

ABIT here is your chance to defend you action is a public forum.
I am greatly abusing my privilges here on LK for on reason only.
Trust that I will have hell to pay for this issue, but you will have even
more if you choose not to respond!

Bernhard, please follow this thread.

RMS, I need to know if there are two different GPL's.
        The world GPL and Taiwan's GPL which I assume are not the same.

Since Mr. Tim Chin has announce this fact, I want to discuss with him
about GPL and cleaning up ABIT's disregard for it. I have include Richard
M. Stallman from the Free Software Foundation to listen and comment.

QUOTE from Inmunix site:
Tim Chen: did initial testing of StackGuard 1.1, doing the
first builds of Red Hat Linux with StackGuard, including
debugging StackGuard 1.1

http://lxr.telematik.informatik.uni-karlsruhe.de/source/drivers/scsi/i91uscsi.c

Now we all know that there are thousands of "Tim Chin"'s in the world, but
I want the one answer questions on Gentus Discussion board calling
himself a "member" and I get labeled a "junior member".

Since Gentus is "Red Hat" based as was "StackGuard" we are narrowing the
gap on who is likely responsible or being made to look responsible for the
gross violations of GPL.

If this is the same Tim Chin, being an old hat for 1994 and/or before,
this puzzles me that one of our own turns to stab us in the back.

Respectfully,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy