Re: linux and micro kernel

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 10:28:00 EST

On 9 Jun 2000 yoann@mandrakesoft.com wrote:

    [snip lots of stuff we really can't use while in code freeze]

Please take this thread elsewhere, for example to
linux-future@nl.linux.org (which was created to
divert these very-very-very longterm ideas from this
list, especially in code freeze times)...

   echo subscribe linux-future | mail majordomo@nl.linux.org

Maybe we want to move some of the "2.5 wishlist" discussions
there as well. At the moment we should, IMHO, concentrate on
fixing the issues remaining for 2.4. All other stuff is not
really wanted by a lot of developers right now ...

(I know we're scaring away quite a number of developers, who
have had to unsubscribe because of the list volume ... this
makes communication, and development, harder and is a Really
Bad Thing(tm) which can easily be avoided)

Please take your not-relevant-right-now discussions elsewhere.

thank you,

Rik

of people. That is its real strength.

Wanna talk about the kernel? irc.openprojects.net / #kernelnewbies http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/