Re: Depmod trouble with 2.2.16 kernel

From: Matthew Grant (matthewg@plain.co.nz)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 18:15:49 EST

Redhat have this anal boot system where they have a file in
/lib/modules/2.2.x-xx
that the script that executes depmod goes looking for. If found it goes and
does depmod -a on THAT directory of modules rather than the freshly compiled
ones that matches your new kernel. Go and have a look in /etc/rc.d/rc.boot?
and have a look for a grep for this file in the place where depmod is executed
from..... That may explain everything....

Cheers,

Matthew Grant