Re: Red Hat (was Re: reiserfs)

From: Chip Salzenberg (chip@valinux.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 00:31:52 EST

According to Ed Carp:
> Chip Salzenberg (chip@valinux.com) writes:
> > According to Hans Reiser:
> > > Your hypothesis of distribution neutrality by kernel contributors
> > > lacks empirical support.
> >
> > It's not a hypothesis. It's a statement of his personal experience.
> > Either he's lying or he's telling the truth, but he's *not* guessing.
>
> Either you quoted the wrong part, or you're making an unjustified assumption.
> I dn't see anything about guessing in that quote.

Just to clarify my meaning, not to start a new subthread, allow me to
paraphrase the key points of this exchange:

  Hans: "Red Hat is blocking ReiserFS, on purpose, through Alan."
  Alan: "No they're not. My kernel decisions are not controlled by Red Hat."
  Hans: "That's an interesting hypothesis, but you have no evidence."
  Chip: "Alan wasn't hypothesizing, he was stating his personal experience.
         And come to think of it, where is _your_ evidence?"

Is that a bit clearer?

--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>