LNE100TX problems

From: Manfred Spraul (manfred@colorfullife.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 10:35:18 EST

Hi Jeff,

I try to use 2 Netgear FA310TX cards with an older Cat.5 crossover
cable, but it doesn't work.
The cable works reliable with 2 ne2k-pci cards.

I suspect the problem are caused by a shared PCI interrupt: my old
ne2k-pci card & the netgear card share irq 9.

computer 1:
        not shared irq, UP

computer 2:
        shared irq, SMP, APIC

it seems that computer 1 sends & receives packets properly, computer 2
sends properly, but it receives the packets "in blocks", sometimes 30
seconds after computer 1 send the packet.
[I use "tcpdump -i eth1 -n" to compare both computers]

It's also possible that the cable is bad. Can I downgrade to half duplex
or 10 Mbit? I tried

        insmod tulip full_duplex=0

it still switches to full duplex.

Any ideas now I can fix these problems?