Anyone working on a POWER port?

From: Sarah Nordstrom (sarahemm@technodyke.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 21:25:19 EST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hi!

 I've just had an IBM POWERstation 355 dropped in my lap, which is based around a 40MHz POWER processor. I think there's been work on a POWER3/4 port, but i'm wondering if anyone's even looked at porting to the original IBM POWER architecture? Looking over the GCC docs, it looks like it will generate POWER1/2 code, though I haven't tested this yet.

Any info on this would be appreciated, even if it's just 'I've looked at it and it's not going to be possible without more documentation'

Thanks,
  -- SarahEmm

Techno Dyke Headquarters -> http://www.technodyke.com
The Gathering Place for the Web Savvy Dyke!