Re: 2.2.16 network modules problems

From: Scott McDermott (vaxerdec@frontiernet.net)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 10:43:17 EST

Andreas S. Kerber on Fri 9/06 08:51 +0200:
> I'm having similar problems here as well. I can't get 3c59x module
> loaded with a "3Com 3c905 Boomerang". On an other machine which has an
> "3Com 3c905C Tornado" it works fine though.
>
> With 2.2.14 an the exact same config it worked. Does anyone have the
> same problems with 2.2.16?

Yes, it seems that there is a bunch of unresolved symbols (they build,
but don't insert) everywhere in 2.2.16. Some of the modules work fine.

The only way I could fix it was to turn off symbol versioning for
modules. This is the first kernel I've had to do that for. If I recall
the symbol versions appended to the names were some kinds of numbers for
the working modules, but the ones that failed to load had some acronyms
containing strings like "RLversion_here" or something along those lines.

--
Scott