Re: [BUG] Kernel 2.4.0-test1-ac10 changes open of symlink behavior.

From: Ulrich Drepper (drepper@redhat.com)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 15:36:29 EST

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> > In other words, in that case POSIX draft is broken and we would be
> > better off fixing that bug instead of casting it in stone. Behaviour in
> > question is inconsistent with every other case when links are
> > created/removed/renamed.
>
> You might want to take that up with the relevant posix committee then

Symlinks are not in the current POSIX standard and therefore the
existing POSIX standard is OK. Symlinks are coming in the next
revision of the standard as an option (due to the merging with the
Unix specs). If you find something inadequate in the Austin group
draft tell me what it is and a solution for it. I'll make sure it
gets handled in the next meeting.