Re: 2.2.16 + Perc module

From: Scott McDermott (vaxerdec@frontiernet.net)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 20:03:47 EST

Nick on Sun 11/06 19:41 -0500:
> > > I know the percraid module has only been in support / release for
> > > about a month now.
> >
> > This is for PERC3 where the megaraid.o is for <= 2, correct?
>
> I am not sure about numbers, But the megaraid.o does not detect
> anything and the percraid module is needed for the controller I have.
>
> looking at syslog I see the following DELL PERC RAID V2.1.5.3857, May
> 5 2000

That sounds like Dell's driver version. You're telling me you don't
know what PERC version you have in your Dell server?

As I understand it the perc3s aren't AMI anymore which means it might be
difficult to get source code for the drivers. Fortunately you can get
most of Dell's servers with perc2s instead, which seem to work fine for
the one 2450/linux we have already.

--
Scott