psaux device regression in 2.2.16

From: Lorenzo M. Catucci (lorenzo@sancho.ccd.uniroma2.it)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 02:10:31 EST

So good,
        I think the title says it all: I just tried to compile 2.2.16
on my home system (it was the very first 2.2 here, even though my work
systems are all 2.2 based), and got no psaux support. Now, before
panicing about my old ASUS MoBo, I tried reverse patching
2.2.16->2.2.15 and the mouse got back to a working state. Then the
definitive proof: I remade 2.2.16 but reversed the pc-keyb.c part of the
patch. Now I have a fully working 2.2.16 kernel; therefore, at least a
suggestion to reverse the patch for people with sudden mouse problems on
upgrade to 2.2.16, and then a call for s/o understanding what happens in
that dreaded keyboard controller!

A nice time to all of you.

Yours,

lorenzo