Re: knfsd and ext2? Huh?

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 12:55:06 EST

I believe that this was the thread about knfsd/ext2 incompatabilities,
and the more information I gather wrt my NFS root problems, the more
I'm inclined to agree with Hans Reiser.

There is definitely something very very sick going on with knfsd on
2.2.14.

I've just gotten the following message from my 2.2.14 root nfs client
running against 2.2.14 knfsd, so my problems aren't due to the 2.4.0
nfs client at all:

NFS: cache locked for 00:01/11498
nfs_refresh_inode: mismatch, ino=11479, fattr=7652

I'm guessing that maybe Hans is actually correct, and there is something
disgusting happening between ext2 and knfsd causing very odd behaviour.
Whether that was in the 2.2 kernels or 2.3/2.4 kernels I'm not sure, but
I'm seeing problems in the 2.2 series.

I'll try upgrading the knfsd server to 2.2.16 later tonight to see if
that helps.
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\