Re: (wh)OOPS.txt

From: Andrew T. Scott (ascott@linuxcare.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 17:16:21 EST

Thanks for your reply,

I think this question is moot. We cannot aquire much more information because this
is occurring during the installation of Mandrake, right off the cd. The system
freezes and we cannot access a virtual console.

I think a bug report with Mandrake is more appropriate.

Thanks for your help,

-Andrew

p.s. This is happening with kernels 2.2.9-19 and 2.2.14-15 (mandrake 6.0 and 7.0,
respectively). However, again, I don't think this is kernel level issue, anymore.
I think this is a distribution issue since the same configuration this customer has
works with Turbolinux and RedHat 5.1.

--
Andrew T. Scott
ascott@linuxcare.com