Re: (reiserfs) Re: Red Hat (was Re: reiserfs)

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 05:32:57 EST

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Matthew Hawkins wrote:

> Anyway, my 2c on the reiserfs thing, the main argument seems to be that
> some people who haven't used it and some who have claim its not ready,

No, the main problem is that Hans' reply to any questions on stability was
"Yura, run the benchmarks". For fsck sake, let the guys who are doing the
work do it without getting discredited by proxy.

> I agree that Hans Reiser may have made a bit of an ass of himself on
> this list, but Theo de Raadt had similar problems with the BSD core and
> I don't think it reflects on his code either. Plus Hans is only one of

Stop. Insulting. Theo. Look: being an asshole is not a problem. Now,
being an incompetent asshole... Please, either show Theo's posting where
he would demonstrate _that_ kind of attitude towards stability or
apologise.[1]

> I (like other subscribers) look forward to the joint contributions
> everyone involved in journaling filesystem support will make after they
> fight it out (er, sort it out :) at that conference thingy. United we
> stand, divided we fall.

        Sigh... People contributing to journalling support _are_
interacting. RTFList. Could we _please_ stop that political idiocy?

[1] Before anyone asks: no, that AFJ was only an AFJ - my reaction
is not a corporate policy, it's just an assholes'[2] solidarity.

[2] IMO "bastards'" is slightly more accurate, but whatever...