System V IPC

From: Matman@arcormail.de
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 06:51:57 EST

Dear kerneldevelopers!

I have an important question about kernel-2.4.0-test-ac10. In your helptext that i read while doing "make menuconfig" is written, that i have to mount /var/shm to use Sytem V IPC. I shall use the /etc/fstab :

none /var/shm shm defaults 0 0

you write. But there is no /var/shm on my system and i hadnīt find any text in /usr/src/linux/Documentation where i can get this filesystem. Now iīm not sure if System V IPC is working correct. Can you tell me please where i can get the shm filesystem? Or can you affirm that System V IPC is working with the old /proc/sysvipc correct on my system?

Have a nice day!