Re: LSB (was Re: Red Hat)

From: Chip Salzenberg (chip@valinux.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 10:42:53 EST

According to Alan Cox:
> C++ stuff is not in the current [LSB] spec because the C++ standard
> people g++ 3.0 may not be quite back compatible on ABI

It definitely won't be compatible. There are several distinct
improvements in the g++ 3.0 ABI, each of which would result in binary
incompatibility with current g++.

But there's good news, too: The new ABI is cooperatively created and
documented, so things are looking good for long-term bincompat from
g++ 3.0 forwards.

--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>