Re: Ballmer speaks a truth

From: Ricky Beam (jfbeam@bluetopia.net)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 21:08:12 EST

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Richard Torkar wrote:
>> The other thing I heard was M$ in retaliation to the DJ will release
>> advance technology they have been keeping from the people to wipe out
>> their competitors.
>
> *muahahahahahahahaha*
>Since when has MS come up with an innovation?

About 20 years ago. The wave they think they are riding evaporated long ago.
Let's see, they bitch about linux being "based on 30yr old technology" --
they seem to forget how old MS-DOS, windows, and NT are and how much of the
same "30yr old tech" they've adopted -- but very recently Microsoft gave
windows the same capabilty UNIX has had for "ever" -- probablly only because
3rd parties are making money selling such capabilities.

I am, of course, referring to "Terminal Server" and "X"... X has had the
ability to have it's API calls sent to any display from the first line of
code.

Billy boy can say what ever he wants. There's two decades of evidence of
his greed -- you should buy everything from Microsoft... There are too
many cases to count of Microsoft ignoring various laws and IP -- patents,
copyrights, out-right theft of technology...

Has anyone watched "Time Bandits"? ....

--Ricky

PS: Window's "Services for UNIX" exist only because two companies are making
    a small fortune providing UNIX code functionality (basically POSIX
    conformance.)