Re: PCI DMA into USER space

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 17:17:45 EST

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Mayhall, Tony wrote:

> Does anyone have an example (that works) of how to DMA from a PCI card into
> user space on a PC running Linux? We do this on Unix systems and need to be
> able to do this under Linux.
>
> Thanks for any input you can give,
>
> Anthony Mayhall
> Boeing Phantom Works
> (256)876-2204

Hmm. From what Unix Systems? Suns don't have 'ports'. All memory-mapped
I/O. The PCI spec was designed around shared memory. Once you got shared
memory, all you have to do is mmap it. No DMA required.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

Penguin : Linux version 2.3.36 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).

obtained from the Micro$oft help desk.