Re: [patch] improve streaming I/O [bug in shrink_mmap()]

From: Juan J. Quintela (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 06:55:58 EST

>>>>> "paul" == Paul Barton-Davis <pbd@Op.Net> writes:

Hi

paul> If Rik or Juan can assure me that streaming I/O performance is a high
paul> priority for them, I might feel better, but I see more concern about
paul> boundary cases caused by quite different application patterns.

      Yes streaming I/O performance is a high priority for me (I
      appeared in VM management because my thesis runs bad, in does
      streaming I/O). The problem is that each time that somebody
      does a change in the VM layer, we get a lot of: it works for me
      and a lot of it don't work for me reports. I am quite sure that
      streaming I/O performance is also a high priority for the VM
      people, think that Stephen and Ben LaHaise also work in
      filesystems stuff :), and I am pretty sure that Rik want to see
      a decent streaming I/O performance.

Later, Juan.

PD. I should return to work

are different -- Larry McVoy