RE: Rage Pro LT Meltdown with Mach 64 framebuffer driver

From: Brad Douglas (Brad@NERUO.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 20:58:29 EST

the

I tend to confuse the ATI product line because they named different chipsets
with similar names.

> screen is messed up if I do log in and do a fbset -g 1024 768 1024 768 4

Mike, can you try this? If this works, it just means the boot mode is not
supported. Hmm. 70Hz refresh. Good for Macs, bad for PCs.

Geert, is there any possibility of changing line 39 of modedb.c from:

#ifdef CONFIG_PPC
#define DEFAULT_MODEDB_INDEX 0
#else
#define DEFAULT_MODEDB_INDEX 1 /* 70Hz refresh not desired for PC
monitors */
#endif

Many PC monitors do not do well out of the box at 70Hz.

> There is no problem from the console. However X doesn't display on my
> screen.

Using fbdev X server?

Brad Douglas
brad@neruo.com