Re: ide performance limits

From: bug1 (bug1@netconnect.com.au)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 22:03:42 EST

My mistake, for some reason i thought hdparm -T was reading from the
drives buffer, which its not.

I have done tests with bonnie++ and tiobench which also suggest there is
a bottleneck or saturation point when using ide devices concurrently.
tiotest shows on my system a 4 way ide raid0 array has slower read time
than a single drive, but i was trying to narrow down wether slowed down
by concurrent ide or raid code.

Ill try and get some more concrete results before posting them.

Thanks

Glenn