Re: [patch] 2.4.0-test1-ac13 module_init

From: Rusty Russell (rusty@linuxcare.com.au)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 07:36:45 EST

In message <23229.960719252@ocs3.ocs-net> you write:
> And when gcc is fixed, change include/linux/init.h to remove the dummy
> reference. In the meantime, too many warnings are bad, they can hide
> real problems.

Jakub's superior patch for this problem (which did prototype checking
on the functions as well) was explicitly rejected by Linus in msg id
Pine.LNX.4.10.10004211629150.1198-100000@penguin.transmeta.com

I don't like fixing gcc problems in the kernel, when the fix isn't
strictly necessary and a fix for the compiler _does_ exist.

                Linus