2.4.0-test1-ac18 + PPP + PCMCIA

From: David A. Bandel (david@pananix.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 11:19:42 EST

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Not sure where the problem lies, however, using 2.4.0-test1-ac18 with
pppd 2.4.0b1 via a PCMCIA Xircom 56K modem card I am having some
problems sending files.

I can receive mail all day. I can d/l via FTP OK. I can even send
small mail messages OK. But when I try to send mail w/ a 2k attachment,
or FTP or SCP a file to another system, the file won't go.

FTP and SCP say the file has been transferred and is waiting for
confirmation, but at the other end, two hours later, the file is still 0
bytes.

Ditto for mail -- I get a "mail sent" message, waiting for confirmation
and nothing. With large attachments, a percentage sent is shown, and it
freezes until I kill it three hours later.

I have to FTP and send attachments via the PCMCIA ethernet card through
another system.

Any ideas?

Ciao,

David A. Bandel

		-- Nemesis Racing Team motto
*** sent from a Linux 2.4.0-test1-ac18 system ***