Re: kernel: ide1: unexpected interrupt.....

From: Paul Mansfield (paulm@uk.psi.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 07:17:02 EST

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Rainer Wiener wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Rainer Wiener wrote:
> > > kernel: ide1: unexpected interrupt, status=0x51, count=1
> > can you hear your hard disk going through a thermal calibration cycle when
> > this happens?
> No nothing. But sometimes when I came from the suspend mode I canīt hear
> anything. I think that the hard disk not wake up again. :-(

ah, yes. if the disk isn't spinning, it's hard for the system to read from it
:-)

> > do you have something enabled in the BIOS to control power - if so, can you
> > turn it off and let Linux do the power management?
> No I have all turn off. But should I try to turn the HDD auto off on?
>
> At the kernel I have the following options on:
>
> [*] Advanced Power Management BIOS support

I'd try turning that off and see what happens.

I asked about the CD drive because on laptops they're often on the same IDE
chain... vague possibility polling of the drive might have been occuring and
causing extra interrupts or something.

Paul

--
Civilisation: where they cut down the trees and name streets after them.