kswapd running wild on 2.4.0-test1-acXX

From: Goswin Brederlow (goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 09:16:30 EST

I now tried several 2.4.0-test1 kernels with different ac patches
(without,7,17,18,19). On my 128 MB System the ac7 is working fine
(although slow to react), but on a 16 MB System kswapd is allways
using nearly all cpu cycles.

On a plain 2.4.0-test1 kernel it just eats the cpu cycles, on the
patched kernels it will allso swapp quite a lot.

Is there any patch that will solve the kswapd goind wild problem?

MfG
        Goswin