[2.2. 12 & 16 ] dupfd messages...

From: Roger Gammans (roger@computer-surgery.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 05:20:21 EST

Hi

Um, I've got a (commercial binary-only) server application
which _can_ cause the following kernel messages on shutdown and startup...

 kernel: dupfd: fd 32767, max 1024
 kernel: dupfd: fd 16383, max 1024
 kernel: dupfd: fd 8191, max 1024
 kernel: dupfd: fd 4095, max 1024
 kernel: dupfd: fd 2047, max 1024
 kernel: dupfd: fd 2046, max 1024
 kernel: dupfd: fd 2045, max 1024
  and so on counting down by one until...

 kernel: dupfd: fd 1025, max 1024

I'm trying to determine if I need to worry about or just report it as
a application bug. But I can't quite trace the path, Eg. why is
dupfd()'s start descreasing?

The application is a SQL-server written for 2.0.36 + BIGFD's patch,
which I suspect is relevant.

More details on demand , TTFN

--
Roger