CD drive probing

From: Siddharth Kashyap (sid_kashyap@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 09:42:16 EST

Hi,

   I am writting a module that sits in the kernel, and probes the CD Rom
drive after X time intervel. The moment it finds some sort of disk - Data,
Audio, etc, it tries to load the appropriate module. By writting this
module, the user does not have to mount the CD rom. It will be done
_automatically_ once the disk is put in.

  There are two problems:

1) I am not able to find as to how and in which file are the timer
interrupts handled.

2) As it happens in windows, I am trying to catch th interrupt generated
when the CD rom drive shutter is closed. This way, I don't have to probe any
more. However, I am not able to find any interrupt being generated by the
device driver on closing the CD Rom drive.

   Any help in this direction would be much appreciated.

   -Siddharth.