Re: kswapd at 96% CPU on my 16Mb system

From: Kees Bakker (kees_bakker@tasking.nl)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 05:21:21 EST

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Galbraith <mikeg@weiden.de> writes:
[...]
Mike> I suggest giving pre5 a trial run. I suspect that it will work quite
Mike> well on your low ram box. If this suspicion proves accurate, that bit
Mike> of info could be useful to the vm wizards. [mvho: if it takes your box
Mike> 20 minutes to an hour to boot with >=test1 kernels, further testing
Mike> of these kernels on your hardware is a pointless waste of your time]

Yes, your assumption was correct. Pre5 runs quite nicely.

--
Computing is a terminal disease.....