Speed with 640 MB MO drives

From: Tino Keitel (tino.keitel@darmstadt.gmd.de)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 09:43:00 EST

Hi folks,

I use a Philips Galaxy MO 640 with my Tekram DC 390 U (Symbios Logic
53C875E). The Problem is that with Linux the MO drive reaches only one
third of the transfer rates it reaches with other OS (WinNT/95 on the
same hardware, AmigaOS). 2 friends of mine also have that problem with
there drives (Fujitsu). I have used a few 2.2 kernels, the 2.4-test
kernel crashes when i try to access the MO drive. I only have testet 640
MB (limdow and non-limdow) MO disks.

Regards, Tino