Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: Hans Reiser (hans@reiser.to)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 05:04:13 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> > I repeat, as far as I know Andreas has never advocated that we try to
> > make fundamental functional changes to the ext2 code at this late date.
> > Only Hans seems to be strongly argueing for this. Why? I will leave it
> > to others to speculate; but ext2 isn't even his filesystem.
>
> Nothing so sinister. Andreas originally asked about merging that bit to make
> things cleaner. He hasnt asked me about merging the whole thing. Ever.

I have the impression that he would like the whole thing to go in but has
despaired of it. It seems quite sad to me. I suspect him of being an overly
nice guy like Chris.:-) This thread should die though, better that I spend my
time ensuring that it doesn't happen to patches sent in for reiserfs.

Hans