Re: kswapd infinite loop

From: Juan J. Quintela (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 18:52:45 EST

rui> Goswin Brederlow wrote:

>> > Hi, I just hit an infinite loop in kswapd on a two way SMP
>> > system, kernel test1-ac19. kswapd was using 100% of one of the
>> > processors. I logged in a X session (automatically starting 4
>> > xterms, xmms, gmix). There was some heavy disk activity, I
>> > waited ~15 seconds, nothing new happened so I switched to a
>> > VT. Started 'vmstat -n5' which showed me no swapping, just
>> > block IO. Eventually this settled but kswapd kept at 100% CPU
>> > usage.

Could you test my last patch to de list??? I think that I have solved
several infinite loops in kswapd. I would like positive/negative
feedback. The patch is against ac22-riel

You can also get it on:

http://carpanta.du.fi.udc.es/~quintela/kernel/2.4.0-test1-ac22-riel/kswapd-03.patch

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy