problems with sb on 2.4.0test1-ac21

From: Alexander Koch (efraim@argh.org)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 00:50:38 EST

My sound card is detected properly by isa-pnp
and with 2.3.99p9 it worked ok. Now I get the
following message on boot with the ac21 patch:

<---
isapnp: Scanning for Pnp cards...
isapnp: Card 'ESS ES1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive'
isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total
[..]
Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
sb: ESS ES1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive detected
sb: ESS 1868 sb config failed (out of resources?)[-2]
sb: Failed to initialize ESS ES1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive
sb: ESS ES1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive detected
sb: Failed to initialize ESS ES1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive
sb: No ISAPnP cards found, trying standard ones...
sb: dsp reset failed.
--->

Do you have an idea or hint that could help me? Could I
assist you in some way to find the bug? (I do not know
that much about kernel things...)

Thanks,
Alexander

--
I refuse to believe the afterlife is run by you. The world is not so badly
designed.  --  Picard to Q in ST TNG/Tapestry