Re: 2.2.14/APM: Thinkpad 560 can suspend/hibernate only once

From: Sanjoy Mahajan (sanjoy@mrao.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 13:13:26 EST

> I think it is an APM issue on particular Thinkpads.

I tried some more tests. In single-user mode, it suspends and resumes
fine. If I start up pcmcia ("/etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start"), still
no problem. Same after I stop pcmcia. But then I restart pcmcia,
load _and unload_ the modem card, stop pcmcia; now, no luck with
suspend ("apm: suspend: unable to enter requested state").

I'm using pcmcia v3.1.8, with options: [pci] [cardbus] [apm]

Here are the loaded modules in single-user mode (and before and after
stopping pcmcia):

Module Size Used by
nls_iso8859-1 2240 1 (autoclean)
nls_cp437 3748 1 (autoclean)