NIC problem with kernel 2.2.16

From: Jeremy Brooking (jbrooking@actrix.co.nz)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 23:26:09 EST

I have recently installed debian on a new dual processor machine we have.
The NIC now gets assigned IRQ of 18 (though the BIOS assigns it as 9), and
after a while on line (anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 minutes) all network
traffic stops, and kern.log gives me the error:

unexpected IRQ vector 217 on CPU#0!
or
unexpected IRQ vector 217 on CPU#1!

The NIC is a kingston KNE100TX using the Tulip driver.
The machine has dual Intel PIII 600 Copermine processors.

Someone suggested that this is a kernel bug and I should mail this list.

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards,
Jeremy Brooking