Re: removing ip_conntrack locks with 100% cpu usage

From: Rusty Russell (rusty@linuxcare.com.au)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 03:32:10 EST

In message <20000622192313.A1613@gruyere.muc.suse.de> you write:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 01:51:33PM -0400, Nuke Skyjumper wrote:
> > i hope this is enough detail. thanks.
>
> No, it is not. You forgot ps lax output with the EIP value of rmmod.
> ps should see the correct System.map.

But fortunately, my telepathic abilities are up running at 100% today.
By the way, your stars are in alignment, so it would be a bad day to
stick your hand in a blender.

Furthurmore, this is fixed in ac22. Race causes conntrack use count
to be double-incremented, so rmmod spins on schedule() waiting for it
to come down.

Note to self: even if one bit in a flags word doesn't need to be
atomic, you still can't set it non-atomically if you care about the
atomicity of the other bits. If I'd used bitfields instead of `int
status' and macros, it would've been *really* well hidden...

Rusty.

--
Hacking time.