Re: kernel (2.4.0-test2), ymf_sb broken.

From: Mitja Sarp (mitja@lysator.liu.se)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 06:09:47 EST

> On my Toshiba Tecra 8100 (P3 266, 128MB) it freezes after a few
> (2-10) seconds regardless of what I do, no oops and even with
> init=/bin/bash.

Not regardless of what I do, if I disable ymf_sb sound driver everything
works fine. insmod it -> deadlock after a few seconds.

as it says in README.ymfsb:

DISCLIMER [sic!]
=========

 This driver is currently at early ALPHA stage. It may cause serious
 damage to your computer when used.
 PLEASE USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

maybe this should be marked 'EXPERIMENTAL'?

/Mitja