Problems with the eepro driver in test2..

From: Zephaniah E. Hull (warp@whitestar.soark.net)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 17:25:37 EST

The eepro driver (not to be confused with the eepro100) seems to have
broken between 2.4.0-test1 and test2..

The eepro.c from test1 with minor tweaks works fine in test2..

The driver in test2 works for a few minutes, then dies, removing the
module and trying to reinsert it fails with a device or resource busy
error..

The output from the test1 driver on load is:

 id: 0x34 io: 0x300 eth0: Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 ISA at 0x300,
 00:aa:00:58:41:d7, IRQ 5, 10BaseT.

Beyond this I am not much of a kernel hacker and the changes are pretty
extensive, so I've not had much luck trying to dissect the driver..

My .config is attached.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801
    Keys available at http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/public_keys.

"I would rather spend 10 hours reading someone else's source code than 10 minutes listening to Musak waiting for technical support which isn't." (By Dr. Greg Wettstein, Roger Maris Cancer Center)