Re: kernel (2.4.0-test2), ymf_sb broken.

From: Jens Taprogge (taprogge@idg.rwth-aachen.de)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 21:58:00 EST

On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 02:09:47PM +0300, Mitja Sarp wrote:
> > On my Toshiba Tecra 8100 (P3 266, 128MB) it freezes after a few
> > (2-10) seconds regardless of what I do, no oops and even with
> > init=/bin/bash.
>
> Not regardless of what I do, if I disable ymf_sb sound driver everything
> works fine. insmod it -> deadlock after a few seconds.
On my machine it hangs before the sound driver is inserted (I am using ALSA).
After some further testing (and fscking) I found out that checking the existence of /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe seems to cause the oops.
I have attached the trace information from the oops. Maybe someone can figure out what is going on from that.

BTW. do you have ACPI turned on. If so: is it working

Jens

--
Jens Taprogge