Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: GPL violation is a Linux Community standard

From: Richard Stallman (rms@gnu.org)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 22:56:53 EST

      GPL and LGPL are just a smoke and mirrors game to give
    the illusion that companies like Corel Corp and Abit must follow Copyleft.

Since you are speaking from bitterness, I will forgive you, but please
don't say defeatist things about enforcing the GPL.

I can see why people on the linux-kernel list would consider license
violations concerning GNU libc, or any program other than Linux, to be
off-topic; the right place to report GNU libc license violations is to
the FSF, which is the copyright holder of GNU libc.

I will ask my assistant to check the eight packages you mentioned, and
we will take the appropriate actions. Thanks for sending the list.
If you find any other such violations, you may as well send them
directly to me.