Re: Your IDE command stuff (was Re: OT: IDE controlers)

From: Andries Brouwer (aeb@veritas.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 02:58:58 EST

On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 11:46:28PM -0600, Jim wrote:

> The drive ships with a disk full of Windows utilities, one of which you
> evidently run to change the device to report itself as removable. Since
> I don't do Windows, I cannot verify that you can run the utility, then
> reboot under Linux and have the drive report itself as removable.

Yes, we need a tiny C or assembler utility to set the drive removable.
Castlewood told me last September which bit in which flash location
has to be changed, but the information was not quite enough to
write the corresponding program. Maybe I should try to continue
that conversation one of these days.

Andries