Re: Problem with recv syscall on socket when other side closed connection

From: Denis Perchine (dyp@solo.iis.nsk.su)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 08:35:55 EST

> > In which manual? I do not have it in my man page. Also there's nothing about this
> > in POSIX.
>
> man recv in my case.

Could you give me an URL when I can get it?

> > > Indeed strange..
> >
> > That's why some people do not like linux... Such behavior breaks lots of programs.
>
> Assuming it is indeed the kernel that makes the error, and not your
> program that screws things up.

The problem occured in postgreSQL 7.0.2. And there is everything fine on FreeBSD & IRIX.
Only Linux have this problem.

But I still do not hear the voice of the people who maintain this part of the kernel...

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

---------------------------------- E-Mail: dyp@perchine.com HomePage: http://www.perchine.com/dyp/ FidoNet: 2:5000/120.5 ----------------------------------