Re: OOM?

From: Jason Gunthorpe (jgg@ualberta.ca)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 13:06:49 EST

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> > Could you please try the same workload with 2.2.17pre7?

I do not intend for this to happen again, I can't really fiddle with these
boxes trying to make them crash :<

Will make an effort though..

> Oh, another thing is, are you sure you have free swap space available for
> you workload?

I have enough ram+swap for typical work loads. One box has 256meg
ram, 256 meg swap, the other has 512meg ram, 256meg swap. They
typically have less than 10meg of swap usage, usually no more than 100meg
of non-buffer ram.

These `run away' perl/wml scripts consume virtually unlimited memory, so
it doesn't matter how much VM I have.

Thanks,
Jason